Emergency Weather Cancellation Guidelines:
It is impossible to predict all of the weather conditions that might warrant the cancellation of Sunday services. In an effort to provide an approach that might enable members and friends to anticipate what to expect, the following guidelines are being offered:
- Don’t take any unnecessary chances. If you feel that there is a significant reason to question your safety while traveling on the streets, stay home.
- If an ice storm, severe thunderstorm, hurricane, flooding, etc; is in progress, stay home.
- If you decide to stay home and you have volunteered for a task (coffee hour, greeting, teaching an RE class, etc.), please notify your contact person by telephone as soon as possible.
- In the event of a major snow storm (or other severe weather) on a Saturday night or Sunday morning:
- The church web site — www.firstunj.org, will be updated as soon as any decision to cancel has been made; signs will be put on the doors (if possible). Look at the top of this page for notice of cancellations.
- There will also be an email blast sent out- check your inbox!
- There will also be a Facebook post if the service is canceled.
- If a snowfall of over 6” has occurred on a Saturday night or Sunday morning, there will be no services held on that Sunday afternoon. Services may also be canceled due to flooding or loss of power.
- The decision to cancel the Sunday afternoon services will be made on Sunday morning jointly by the President and the Minister.
If you have any questions, please reach out Rev. Ann Marie.